The Quality Engineer develops, evaluates, revises and applies technical quality assurance protocol and methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment and finished goods; ensures compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations; performs analysis and identifies trends for in-process material and bulk raw materials and recommends corrective actions; ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed; formulates policy in the process of analyzing, planning product quality and operations planning.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
· Design and implement methods and procedures for testing and inspecting the quality level of products and production equipment.
· Review manufacturing documentation ensuring the necessary criteria and provisions are incorporated to permit effective inspection and testing of materials.
· Analyze reports and returned product; initiate correction action for procedural, product or process deficiencies.
· Conduct reliability analysis on the life cycle of product and identify failure analysis, to understand the overall quality of the manufactured item.
· Manage the statistical analysis on products to determine the patterns seen and unseen providing insight to the lifecycle of the product.
· Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
· Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
· Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
· Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including Self Evaluation Training (SET) team support as appropriate.
Quality Engineer Minimum Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
· Minimum two years of related experience in manufacturing quality assurance