RF Engineer Job Summary:
You will be responsible for designing embedded and external antenna systems for the next generation of connected IoT devices. You will do analysis and feasibility studies for new antenna/RF architectures that lead to performance improvement, size reduction and lower cost. You will drive and support technology developments for the next generation antenna applications in the areas of LTE, Wi-Fi, BLE, GPS/GNSS, and LoRa for both internal and external antennas.
RF Engineer Job Description:
You will require a background in electromagnetic theory with application in antenna, RF/Microwave circuit and network theory. Experience designing standard antenna types (such as dipole, monopole, loop, horn, or patch for broadband and multiband). Experience with antenna array theory. Design experience with embedded antennas used in cell phone and wearable devices such as PIFA/WIFA, folded monopole and loop is a must. The right candidate must have good communication, organization and documentation skills as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. You will work closely with Parsec’ s engineering team on issues related to design, placement, layout, materials, manufacturing and test. You will be expected to set priorities, report progress, and execute on schedule.
RF Engineer Skill Requirements:
· Must have significant work experience designing antennas currently for sale in the marketplace.
· Must have experience testing antennas using a variety of equipment including anechoic chambers, network analyzers, and other RF test equipment.
· Hands-on is a must.
· Must have strong problem solving skills and strong working knowledge of radiation performance. Antenna and wave propagation theoretical background is essential.
· Must have experience with system level specifications for LTE/GPS/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/LoRa, including corresponding experience with regulatory requirements and processes for wireless devices, including FCC, PTCRB, CTIA, etc.
· Must have experience with OTA performance testing.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with commercial EM simulation software such as CST, ADS, HFSS, or Eagleware.
· Must have knowledge of pertinent radiated and antenna performance parameters and methods to characterize them.
· Must have experience in AutoCAD or ProE
· Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
RF Engineer Required Education: Bachelors in Electrical Engineering a must. Masters or PhD preferred.