Toledo, Ohio 43699
Lead the FP&A Department and spear-head the Business Unit financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including customer profitability analysis, financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and other projects requested by senior management.
Finance Manager Accountabilities:
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Lead all phases of the Annual Operating Plan process considering market conditions, category trends, product innovation and operational goals.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly financial performance for the Business Unit based on customer demand input, pricing and promotional activity, trade investments and all other operating costs .
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools. Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
P&L Management and Analysis:
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales and expenses. Identify key risks and opportunities to the financial expectations (Forecast and Budget) and evaluate gap closure opportunities.
- Net Sales and Gross Margin analysis – Identify, understand and explain variances due to volume, rate and product mix impacts.
- SG&A - monitoring and cost efficiency initiatives including marketing, selling, and administrative costs.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Multidimensional reporting (Channel, Customer profitability)
- Business Reviews and Performance Metrics
Finance Manager Qualifications:
Candidate must be a self-starter, have solid broad-based finance skills and must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills. Additional qualifications include:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA a plus.
- 5-7 years related work experience (Accounting/Finance) as well as broad business knowledge.
- Good understanding of business process and analysis tools.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. Highly proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications, ability to model business requirements and prepare " what-if" analysis, proficiency in Hyperion and SAP preferred.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to lead and motivate direct reports and be able to manage projects across multiple departments with limited supervision.