Lean Manufacturing Engineer (5+ years)
Dayton, Ohio 45410
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Position is responsible for implementing Continuous Improvement and Lean manufacturing engineering at Company including as follows:
• Recommend, develop long-range as well as short-range objectives and goals using the principles of lean manufacturing.
a.Coordinate Senior management lean visions through weekly Lean/Operations & Lean/Engineering meetings
• Evaluate existing manufacturing systems so as to identify areas that require improvements and efficiencies.
a.Identify project leader and set objectives with upper management
b.Communicate plan and vision to the workforce through training and team meetings
• Maintain lean manufacturing methods
a.Departmental hourly rate tracking and issue tracking
b.Production performance tracking boards chart weekly efficiency and pieces per man hour
c.Weekly Gemba walk to discuss performance and accountability with each buildings management team
• Maintain Lean Master Project List
• Assist CI/Lean Engineering Manager Prepare with justification all Lean capital requests; cost appraisals and estimates.
• Serve as facilitator for teams during lean manufacturing activities and technique implementation.
a.Kaizen Events for all facilities company wide
• Plan and facilitate implementation of projects.
a.Maintenance of Lean Progression Status spreadsheet for all departments and facilities
b.Maintenance of Lean project calendar
c.Report Annual lean assessment
• Provide technical support, whenever needed, to staff.
a.Stabilize the positive results by teaching supervisors how to train the new standards you' ve developed with TWI methodology (Training Within Industry)
• Assist in new product development
a.Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
b.New process work balances and layouts
• Roll out pilot, as well as existing products, to other factory areas including new facilities.
Lean Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
· Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
· Minimum 2-year Lean experience in manufacturing
· Good communications and planning skills, proficient in MS Excel and Word