chattanooga, TN 37421
Cost Accountant Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
The Cost Accountant partners with corporate leaders to provide financial analytics that drive business results in support of the short-term and long-term goals and objectives of the department and the corporation. The position delivers analysis as part of finance, linking financial results to operational performance drivers
- Provide decision support by financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to support targeted financial performance achievement.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Create analysis using the business information system to drive the financial performance of the business.
- Participate in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Participate in the monthly closing process with the rest of the Accounting team.
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to support corporate leaders’ effectiveness in creating and executing strategy and operating plans.
- Work across organizational boundaries at all levels of the company to achieve corporate objectives.
- Implement and monitor cost / management accounting system and procedures.
- Evaluate and ensure accuracy of cost of sales and related variances.
- Provide appropriate valuations of all inventories.
- Provide oversight for plant costing activities including material, labor and overhead standards.
- Gather, compile and analyze sales, material, labor and overhead information to be used in annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost and recommend alternatives as appropriate.
- Update product costs during annual cost roll and throughout year where needed.
- Analyze purchase price variance and prepare reports for purchasing departments with recommendations.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and prepare reports for operations/continuous improvement with recommendations.
- Perform cost analyses and develop models for special projects including free cash flow analysis.
- Provide management reports analyzing drivers impacting profitability of products and processes.
- Participate with various departments in economic decisions (make vs buy; minimum order, standardization and improvements, etc.) to improve profitability.
- Provide cost support for quoting equipment, service and parts.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Advanced excel skills.
- High organization and analytical skills.
- Analytical skills with high problem solving and process improvement orientation.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain data integrity.
- Ability to make independent decisions and sound recommendations based upon compiled data.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years Cost Accounting experience.
- Progressive Financial Analysis experience preferred.
- Experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP systems highly desired.