ETL Engineer (Datastage Required)
600 East Lamar Blvd. Suite 200 Arlington, TX 76013
ETL ENGINEER PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
ETL ENGINEER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors, or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in IT
- 3+ years experience in software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within Business Intelligence
- 3+ years of experience in DataStage
- Strong ETL & SQL background
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***