Pipeline Design Engineer
Dallas, TX 75220
PIPELINE DESIGN ENGINEER SUMMARY
Provide design engineering services to our natural gas utility operations in multiple states. Design facilities and work procedures to comply with DOT regulations. Work in partnership with state operations to ensure safe, reliable service to customers. Performs system analysis and recommends remedial actions and measures. Oversees design projects that include regulator stations, odorizers, pipeline replacement and relocation. Proficient in performing detailed engineering design and project management involving natural gas transmission facilities that can include pipelines, compression equipment, dehydration equipment, measurement equipment, and piping interconnects. Participate on teams to address regulatory initiatives.
PIPELINE DESIGN ENGINEER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides general engineering support and service to natural gas operations in the company’ s multiple state natural gas business.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for engineered construction activities.
• Perform flow scenario analysis reviews of transmission and distribution systems.
• Review meter set designs to ensure compliance and adequacy.
• Recommend and design system improvements to include regulator stations, odorizers, piping, and valves.
• Participate as a team in DIMP and TIMP compliance activities.
• Manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Work as team member to achieve department goals.
• Maintains a successful partnership with network operations.
• Ability to analyze information, problem solve and troubleshoot technical and operations issues.
• Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192.
PIPELINE DESIGN ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors in engineering
5-10 years experience preferred
A working knowledge of ASME B31.8 and DOT Part 192 is required.
Relocation Assistance Available