Effingham, IL 62401
Apply your financial and operational leadership skills to think of new and improved methods to improve efficiency at both the financial and plant level. As the Plant Controller you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of plant financial information, maintaining proper accounting controls to prevent loss and ensure compliance with GAAP, identifying opportunities to reduce costs/waste, and supporting the Plant Manager in efforts to improve the bottom line, customer service, and morale.
- Functions as a business partner with the Plant Manager to effectively manage and control all facets of the plant’ s efficiency and productivity
- Manages others by providing ongoing development, mentoring, and strong learning experiences
- Provides operational financial reporting, financial analysis and manufacturing cost analysis
- Acts as a financial consultant to mid-level and senior operational finance line staff such as Controllers, G/L accountants, Cost Accountants, and Cost Analysts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Analysis processes and procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyze information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning, and controlling actual results versus budget.
- “ shop floor” experience in a manufacturing environment (not just assembly).
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Business acumen to elicit trust and credibility with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in compiling annual operating plans and budgets.
- Extensive experience with fixed asset and capital project tracking.
- Exceptional knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational accounting (cost accounting, including project costing).
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proven track record directing external resources to manage and execute effectively.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, pivot tables & V Lookups, and other financially-related and proprietary software).
- Ability to communicate cost and financial information to all levels across the business.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field (CPA/ MBA preferred).
- 5 or more years of cost accounting/operations experience.
- ERP systems software (SAP preferred).