Production Supervisor (Manufacturing, Lean, Assembly, High-Energy)
Melody Hills, TX 76137
Production Supervisor Summary
This position will be responsible for production and for supervising all union personnel on the production floor. The Production Supervisor will interact with all areas of the plant; raw materials, packaging, shipping and Quality Assurance. He/she will be responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures, for driving continuous improvement initiatives and for ensuring that quality is maintained to company standards. This position will report directly to the Production Manager.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily safety talks, monitor and report production, and serve as a key driver for shift safety improvement.
- Provide direction and leadership to the production crew in order to accomplish organizational goals.
- Coordinate with staff and other production members with regards to die changes, inventory, daily production (press efficiencies), and quality concerns.
- Achieve manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaches, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring all steps of the process, observing control points and monitoring equipment and resources.
- Implement cost reductions, develop reporting procedures and systems; facilitate corrections to malfunctions within the production process control points; initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within the department.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs and documenting listed items to be addressed.
- Resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action.
- Maintain working relationship with Union by following Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Production Supervisor Resource Profile:
- The ideal candidate for this job is self-motivated who is highly focused on daily production/packaging requirements. The individual MUST be highly organized, analytical, and possess the ability to effectively communicate with all personnel at all levels of the operations. Team builder, who is always thinking ahead.
Production Supervisor Qualifications:
- Experience with a union environment preferred
- Process Improvement thinking
- Production Planning and controls for improvement
- 1st Shift
- Microsoft knowledge; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Technical background desired.