Senior Cost Accounting Analyst (3+ yrs, Inventory Accounting and Analysis)
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Senior Cost Accounting Analyst ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyst for the accounting team through inventory costing including ensuring consistency and alignment in accordance with global accounting policies.
- Assist in accurate cycle count procedures and reporting as well as annual physical inventory coordination while working closely with operations.
- Analytically review financials on a monthly basis to identify unusual trends or potential accounting questions.
- Coordinate with inventory analysts and plant managers to assist in forecasting inventory movements.
- Assist in building and maintaining reporting and analysis tools to be able to quickly and accurately understand, analyze and explain inventory costing at companies' locations.
- Continually ensure the operational accounting is appropriate per US GAAP and industry best practices and is consistent across the region
- Investigate discrepancies within the general ledger and resolving any issues as part of five day close process, working towards a shorter and more efficient monthly closing process.
- Execute continuous improvement to improve the efficiency of the operational accounting team and timeliness/accuracy of the monthly closing process including but not limited to the development of robust key performance indicator metrics.
- Assist in projects developed to advance the operational accounting team.
- Attend training courses and conferences related to the duties and responsibilities listed above.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Senior Cost Accounting Analyst QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, with expertise in inventory cost accounting
- Prior general ledger experience
- Good business sense and an understanding of manufacturing operations
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Senior Cost Accounting Analyst EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree is desired (MBA and/or Masters of Accountancy).
- Minimum of three years of US GAAP accounting and inventory cost accounting experience.
Relocation Assistance Provided