Senior Manufacturing Design Engineer
Plano, TX 75075
Senior Manufacturing Design Engineer Summary
The candidate hired for this position will be part of a global engineering team that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for engineering products from initial concept to mass production and who possesses a deep and proven understanding of the principles that underpin good mechanical design and can creatively employ these principles effectively through the design process.
Senior Manufacturing Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead the mechanical system design effort from early prototyping through mass production
- Work closely with cross functional teams to enable novel and producible solutions
- Research, design and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic thermodynamic; or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement and use of energy.
- Effectively employ written and verbal communications to collaborate with team members to achieve project goals.
- Prepare reports and demos to keep the team up to date with the mechanical developments
Senior Manufacturing Design Engineer Requirements:
- BSME, MSME or equivalent with at least 10 years of relevant engineering experience.
- 3D CAD design expertise in Solidworks, ProE and/or FX.
- Skill in manufacturing processes, i.e., Injection Molding, Die Cashing, CNC, Pultrusion, Extrusion and Sheet Metal is required.
- Knowledge of the design of electromechanical assemblies required. Experience in designing assemblies for medium or high volume electronic devices would be a plus.
- Knowledge of a broad range of materials and processes: injection molding, rapid prototyping, thermoforming, extrusion, metal forming and a wide range of material finishing.
- Ability to conduct FEA analysis using ANYSYS or FLOWTHERM is required.
- Experienced in international collaboration and global project work. Willing to travel in support of project requirements as needed. (upto 15%)
- Experience and deep understanding of Tolerance Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design for Assembly (DFA) and Consumer-Focused Design (CFD) is required.
- Has an innate interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs and the strategies of competitors.